These are easy and only use 2 bowls (not 4 like the recipe I used to make)!
- 2 cups spelt flour light
- 1 tsp. sea salt Pink Himalayan
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 T. white sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk or buttermilk
- 1/3 cup salted butter melted
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract or almond extract
- In large bowl, mix together dry ingredients; set aside. Preheat waffle iron.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk, butter and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture; beat until blended.
- Generously spray your waffle iron with no-stick cooking spray. Ladle the batter into a preheated waffle iron. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp.
Although spelt is actually a type of wheat flour, most people with wheat allergies can digest spelt flour with no problem. Obviously, you should not eat spelt if it is a problem for you.
Share this Recipe