- 3 T. olive oil extra virgin
- 2 cloves Fresh garlic
- 2 cups brown basmati rice
- 3 cups water
- 1-2 tsp. sea salt Start with 1 tsp., then taste at the end and add more if desired.
- 1-2 limes, zested Zest first, then reserve juice for the end.
- 1/4 cup lime juice fresh squeezed
- 1 1/3 cup cilantro leaves leaves and tender stems, chopped and lightly packed
- Set the Instant Pot to the Saute function. When it says "HOT", add the oil and the garlic. Brown the garlic on both sides. Remove from pot.
- Add the rice to the pot and lightly brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add water, salt, and lime zest. Cancel the Saute function. Cook on high pressure for 22 minutes.
- Let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Release any remaining pressure and add lime juice and cilantro. Toss with fork to fluff and combine.
Share this Recipe