This recipe is super easy and tastes fabulous! Mix it up just like you would a brownie batter, let rise, shape into rolls, let rise again, bake and eat! This is adapted from a recipe I found online: http://www.recipetineats.com/soft-no-knead-dinner-rolls/
- 4 cups light spelt flour or all-purpose or bread flour
- 1 1/2 T. dried instant yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. guar gum or xanthan gum if using spelt flour
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 cup buttermilk or milk
- 4 T. butter plus 1 T. butter for brushing on top
- 2 large eggs
- Combine all dry ingredients. Place water, buttermilk, butter in microwaveable dish and microwave just until lukewarm. Add eggs and whisk into other liquids.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients. It will resemble the texture of a brownie batter. Spray some plastic wrap with nonstick spray and cover bowl. Set aside to rise for about 1 1/2 hours or until almost tripled in volume.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle flour on counter where you will be working. Punch down dough to deflate. Scrape dough onto flour. Work enough flour into dough to form a log shape. Cut into quarters, then cut each quarter into thirds, to get 12 pieces of dough.
- Shape into rolls and place on baking sheet as you work. http://www.recipetineats.com/soft-no-knead-dinner-rolls/ has a video for how to shape the rolls. Cover with plastic wrap sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside and let rise for another 35-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 390F. Bake rolls for about 18 minutes, or until the rolls are a golden brown and the roll sounds hollow when tapped. Remove rolls from oven and brush with melted butter.
Share this Recipe