If you would like, you can add or substitute some cooked shrimp at the end of cooking. We don’t normally have it on hand, so I left it out of the recipe.
- 1 T. olive oil
- 12 oz. boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into 1" pieces
- 12-14 oz. Andouille sausage cut into 1/2" slices; can substitute with chorizo or smoked sausage
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3 stalks sliced celery
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T. Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 14.5 oz. canned diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2 tsp. Better than Bouillon organic chicken base
- Press saute on Instant Pot and wait until it says "HOT".
- Add oil to inner pot, along with chicken and sausage. Cook until chicken is done, about 5 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add onions, bell pepper, celery, and garlic. Cook and stir until onion is translucent. Add additional oil as needed.
- If there is anything stuck to the bottom of the pan, add a little water to deglaze before continuing on.
- Add remaining ingredients. Put lid on and set to "Sealing". Cook at high pressure for 7 minutes.
- Let pressure naturally release for at least 10 minutes before manually releasing remaining pressure.
- This was very good served with Cholula hot sauce and Monterey Jack cheese. (Probably not authentic, but good anyway.)
Emeril's Essence Creole Seasoning: 2 1/2 T. paprika 2 T. salt 2 T. garlic powder 1 T. black pepper 1 T. onion powder 1 T. cayenne pepper 1 T. dried oregano 1 T. dried thyme
Share this Recipe