This recipe originally came from an old Betty Crocker cookbook that I got for a shower gift when I got married.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup butter 1/2 stick
- 3 lb. fresh cooking apples 6 medium
- Peel, core and slice apples to make about 5 cups. Place apples in 10x6x2" baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Pieces of butter should be the size of coarse crumbs. Sprinkle mixture over apples.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes, or until fruit tests done with a fork. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Crock Pot Recipe: Grease crock. Put apples slices in crock pot. Spread topping over apples. Cook on high for 2-3 hours.
Peach Crisp: Substitute 2 1/2 lb. peaches (about 10 medium) for the apples.
Share this Recipe