I am actually not sure about the baking time for this dish. The original recipe made 6 servings and baked for 40 minutes. I never wrote down what the cooking time was for the larger batch. So just keep an eye on it and let me know if you make it how long it took.
- 10 cups rolled oats
- 10 cups brown sugar packed
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 10 sticks butter 2 1/2 lbs.
- 40 lb. fresh cooking apples 1 bushel
- 2 32 oz. Rich's Whipped topping
- Combine oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt in mixing bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly (should be the size of coarse crumbs).
- Peel apples. Half, core and slice fruit. Place in bottom of pans. Sprinkle oat topping over the fruit.
- Bake in 350 degree oven about 40-60 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
Peach Crisp: Substitute 2 1/2 lb. peaches (about 10 medium) for the apples.
Share this Recipe