These are called Italian Meatballs, but they can be made into just about any kind of meatball you want by changing or leaving out the Parmesan cheese. You can make Swedish Meatballs https://www.cherylsrecipes.net/recipe/swedish-meatballs/, BBQ Meatballs, Sweet & Sour Meatballs, etc. You can even cut small cubes of mozzarella cheese (or any other kind of cheese) and wrap the meatball mixture around it before baking. You will want to make a larger meatball for making them this way, though. Meatballs always make a good dish for a potluck or a party!
- 2 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese optional
- 1/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs spelt, gluten free, or your choice of bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. sea salt Pink Himalayan
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine all ingredients for meatballs with mixer and shape into balls. (I like to make smaller meatballs using a small cookie scoop.) Bake for 15 minutes.
Although spelt is actually a type of wheat flour, most people with wheat allergies can digest spelt flour with no problem. Obviously, you should not eat spelt if it is a problem for you.