This is a bold, hearty chili, although not all that spicy. You can add Frank’s Red Hot Sauce or jalapenos if you prefer more heat.
- 12 lb. ground beef
- 5 lb. sweet onion diced (10 cups)
- 2 1/2 lb. sweet pepper diced (10 cups)
- 24 cloves garlic minced (1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 3/4 cup chili powder
- 3/4 cup ground cumin
- 3/4 cup paprika
- 3/4 cup Montreal steak seasoning
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 8 oz. Beef base Better than Bouillon Organic
- 1/4 cup dried thyme leaves
Beans & tomatoes
- 4 lb. dried black beans 24 cups when cooked
- 1 #10 can concentrated crushed tomatoes
- 1 #10 can tomato sauce or diced tomatoes
- Brown meat mixture ingredients together with olive oil. Add all Seasonings. Note: If you are making this for another day, stop here. It will be easier to cool down and store in the refrigerator at this point, then finish it the day you are serving it. Combine all ingredients and simmer until ready to serve. You will need to add water as it is cooking so it is not overly thick. Serve with Frank's Red Hot Sauce, shredded cheese, sour cream, Fritos, sliced jalapenos, etc.
The chocolate chips add a richer flavor and beautiful color.
Share this Recipe