This is a very popular breakfast casserole at our family get-togethers. Obviously, you can make substitutions. If you don’t like sausage, you can substitute ham, Italian sausage, bacon or whatever. If you don’t want cream of mushroom soup, use cream of celery, cream of onion, or whatever cream soup you like. I make my own soup for this because of my food allergies. However, if you would like to use canned soup, use 1 can of soup and 1 can of milk.
- 1 lb. ground breakfast sausage
- 12 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups ready to eat cream of mushroom soup or 1 can soup and 1 can milk
- 1 1/2 lb. tater tots thawed
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
Servings: 9x13" dish
- Place sausage in large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly browned. Drain, crumble, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13" baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs and soup. Stir in sausage; pour into prepared pan. Add tater tots, distributing evenly on top of egg mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle on cheese, bake an additional 10 minutes.
Share this Recipe