I loved the idea I saw for Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers, especially since I have a wheat allergy, which makes it really hard to have the Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich. However, since this isn’t something my husband would normally prefer, I usually make it for lunch and it is quite time consuming to make just for me for lunch, so I created this easier way to enjoy the same thing which only takes about 20 minutes or so.
- 1 T. butter
- 1/4 sweet onion sliced
- 1/2 sweet pepper cut into strips
- 2-3 Baby Bella Mushrooms sliced
- 2 oz. thinly sliced roast beef
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- Melt butter in skillet and add onion. Cook for a few minutes, then add peppers and mushrooms. Cook briefly before adding roast beef. Season to taste. Stir frequently until everything is cooked and warm. Top with provolone. Turn off heat and lightly cover with foil until cheese is melted. Carefully transfer to serving dish.
Share this Recipe