This is similar to rice pilaf, except using barley in place of the rice! It is quite good! My husband and I both love it!
- 1/2 `large sweet onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 T. butter
- 1 1/2 cups pearl barley
- 3 3/4 cups water
- 2 Tablespoons Better than Bouillon organic chicken base
- Black pepper to taste
- Set Instant Pot to saute. Dice the onion and mince the garlic.
- After it heats up, add the butter and saute the onion and garlic.
- Add the barley at the end and toast a little.
- Add water and Better than Bouillon organic chicken base along with pepper.
- Press Cancel button. Press Manual or Pressure Cook button and set time for 20 minutes. Make sure valve is in sealing position.
- When 20 minutes is up, do a quick pressure release. It will be a little watery, so just let it sit for 5-10 minutes, and it will absorb any excess liquid.
Share this Recipe