This is another recipe that my husband came up with. Creamy eggs filled with cooked bacon, onion, sweet peppers, jalapeno peppers, and topped with cheese. I usually cook up double the meat and veggies, then reserve half of it for a later time to make a quick weekday breakfast.
- 3 oz. bacon finely diced
- 1/2 large sweet onion finely diced
- 1/4 cup sweet pepper finely diced
- 1 tsp. jalapeno peppers finely diced, or to taste
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- shredded cheese optional
- Salsa optional
- 1 oz. baby spinach leaves
- 8 cherry tomatoes halved
- Heat skillet and begin cooking bacon in skillet.
- While that is cooking, finely dice onion, sweet pepper and jalapeno pepper. When bacon is cooked, add the diced veggies and cook, without draining bacon grease.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs with heavy cream and season with salt and pepper. When veggies are nearly cooked, add spinach and cherry tomatoes to the skillet. Cook until spinach is wilted.
- Pour eggs over the top of the veggies and stir. Cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs are nearly set up. Remove from heat. We like to eat these topped with shredded cheese and sometimes salsa.
Each serving, with 1/2 oz. cheddar cheese, contains: 424 calories, 31 g fat, 439 mg cholesterol, 523 mg sodium, 546 mg potassium, 14 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 9 g sugar, 22 g protein, 73% vitamin A, 147% vitamin c, 21% calcium, 15% iron
Share this Recipe