This is a recipe that serves two as a main course, so I can make it for my husband and myself with leftover ingredients.
Being that I have a soy allergy, soy sauce is off limits for me. However, I have discovered a couple of choices in the grocery stores that I can now have as a replacement: No Soy soy-free sauce and Coconut Aminos. There is also a link below to a homemade soy sauce substitute.
As always, you can change the vegetables and /or meats that go into this dish.
This is the recipe I use for a soy sauce substitute: https://www.cherylsrecipes.net/recipe/soy-sauce-substitute/
- 1 cup proteins of your choice (chicken, shrimp, ham...), cooked and diced
- 2 T. avocado oil or other high heat oil
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves Fresh garlic minced
- 2 cups rice cooked, brown or white
- 1/4 cup soy sauce substitute Coconut Aminos or No Soy soy-free sauce
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 oz. frozen peas
- 2 tsp. butter
- 2 eggs beaten
- Heat oil in wok. Add in onion and sauté until softened (a couple of minutes). Add in the garlic and cook for another minute or so.
- Add cold rice, "soy" sauce, sesame oil and cooked proteins. Season with salt & pepper. Stir-fry for about 5 minutes, tossing frequently.
- Move rice mixture to the side and add butter to open area. Add eggs and stir. They will cook very fast.
- Stir the egg into the rice mixture and serve.
Share this Recipe