This was my first attempt at spaghetti sauce in my Instant Pot. It might change later, but this was really good. The kids came back for seconds and thirds!
- 3 Italian sausage links or more, as desired
- 30 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 15 oz. tomato sauce
- 3 oz. tomato paste
- 1 T. dried basil
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp. garlic paste or garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Better than Bouillon organic beef base
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 square dark chocolate
- cooking water from Italian sausage for additional flavor
- Put 1 cup of water into bottom of Instant Pot. Put sausages into water or onto trivet. (Mine were frozen and I put right into the water.) Cook on high pressure for 1 minute. Let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes or so.
- Remove sausages from the pot, but leave cooking water in the pot for additional flavor.
- Add all remaining ingredients to pot. Pressure cook for 5 minutes. Let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, slice the sausage. You can either add it to the sauce or serve it on the side. I chose to serve it with some pasta and Parmesan.
- Stir and taste; add additional seasoning, if desired.
Share this Recipe