This originally came from 40aprons.com. The only change I made to the ingredients was to add a little extra salt.
The only ground pork I could find in the grocery stores near me was so lean that it didn’t make good sausage, so we decided to grind our own from pork shoulder. It was a much better consistency!
- 2 lbs. ground pork (or grind your own from pork shoulder)
- 2 tsp. dried rubbed sage
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- If you are using pork shoulder, cut the meat into cubes and grind the meat through a meat grinder. Mine is a KitchenAid attachment.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix very well, using a stand mixer or your hands.
- From into patties and fry in a little coconut oil or ghee, if desired, or brown and crumble in a skillet and use in a recipe.
- Freezes, well, especially in patties.
Share this Recipe