My husband and I both loved this fish! It was so good that we were wishing that I had made more than one filet for each of us. Mild white fish seasoned and cooked in a skillet, then topped with a cilantro lime butter. Delicious!
If you prefer, you can use flounder or tilapia instead of cod.
- 1/4 tsp. salt Himalayan pink sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp. white pepper
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 2 T. butter or avocado oil
- 4 6 oz. cod filets
- 1 lime quartered
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-medium high heat. Combine fish seasoning ingredients and sprinkle evenly over all 4 fish filets.
- Add 2 T. butter to skillet. Put fish in skillet and cook approximately 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Meanwhile, mix together the ingredients for the Cilantro Lime Butter. Place fish on serving platter; squeeze juice from lime quarters onto fish and top with cilantro lime butter.
Each serving contains 245 calories, 12 g fat, 103 mg cholesterol, 317 mg sodium, 736 mg potassium, 1 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 0 g sugar, 30 g protein
Share this Recipe