This is the best recipe for taco seasoning I have ever tried! It cooks in about 30 minutes. This also makes a great nacho!
For Whole30, this can be used in a salad or omelette.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1 1/2 T. cilantro fresh, chopped
- 1 1/2 T. lime juice
- 1/2 cup water
- Cook ground beef, crumbling as it cooks. While that is cooking, combine dry ingredients. Add seasonings to skillet with cilantro, lime juice and water.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has been absorbed.
- We like to use fresh corn tortillas and cook them on a greased griddle until they are soft and starting to turn brown. Update: We have recently been toasting them over an open flame on our gas stove. That makes them lower calories and fat. Suggested garnishes include: cheese, fresh, chopped cilantro, sliced green onion, salsa, chopped lettuce, chopped tomato or guacamole.
Share this Recipe