I tried many ways of making eggs the way I like them in the Instant Pot before I discovered this method. I like them with a runny yolk, but a completely cooked white. This works!
- Use just a little butter to grease 2 silicone cups. (You can make more than this if you would like. The time will remain the same.)
- Put 1 cup of water in the bottom of your Instant Pot, then put a rack in the pot. Place the silicone cups on top of the rack.
- Crack 1 egg in each of the silicone cups. Salt & pepper if desired.
- Put on lid, seal and set valve to "sealing". Set time for 2 minutes high pressure by pressing the Manual button, the Pressure Cook button or the Egg button and adjusting the time using the + and - buttons.
- When the 2 minutes is up, leave the lid on and let it naturally release pressure for 2 minutes. This works perfect in my 3 quart IP every time! But my 8 quart IP requires 2 1/2 minutes NPR time.
- Manually release remaining pressure and remove lid. Use tongs to remove silicone cups from pot and place carefully onto plate.
- The eggs should slide right out of the silicone cup onto your plate. Some brands of silicone cups require you to loosen the egg a bit with a spoon.
Share this Recipe