I love making this recipe, but used to make a 4-5 lb. pork shoulder roast or pork butt in the crock pot. It would take at least 6 hours of cooking time, so I seldom made it, except for parties. Now I use country style ribs or cut smaller chunks of pork shoulder roast or pork butt and I make it in my new Instant Pot, so I can make it much more often!
- 1 1/2 lb. pork shoulder or pork butt pieces cut to size of country style ribs
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 3/8 tsp. black pepper
- 3/8 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 large sweet onion diced
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 T. frozen orange juice concentrate
- 4 tsp. lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Add all ingredients to pot. Set to Pressure Cook for 30 minutes. Release pressure naturally for 15 minutes.
- Release any remaining pressure manually. Remove meat from pot and shred with 2 forks.
- Serve on a tortilla with toppings of your choice, such as cheese, lettuce, cilantro, sour cream, avocado, etc., or serve on top of a salad.
- I was not successful at deboning my butt roast, so I had a chunk of meat with the bone that weighed about 2 1/2 lbs. and was still partially frozen. It took about 1 hour to cook this way, but it was absolutely fantastic!
Share this Recipe