I had never heard of this before we went to a hayride a few years ago and someone brought some stuffed pepper soup for the potluck. I loved it! She didn’t have a recipe, so I had to come up with one for it. I like this even better than Stuffed Peppers, and it is super easy and fast!
- 2 lb. ground beef
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 3 cups sweet pepper diced (2 large peppers)
- 1 can tomato sauce 15 oz.
- 1 can diced tomatoes 15 oz.
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cups rice raw
- 1/8 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. Beef base Better than Bouillon Organic
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- In a Dutch oven, brown beef with onion and peppers. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook until rice is fully cooked.
- This can also be made in a crock pot. Cook beef, onion, and peppers in a skillet first, then transfer to crock pot with all other ingredients. Cook about 4 hours on high, or until rice is cooked through.
Share this Recipe