These are super easy and chocolatey! When I take them to get-togethers with other choices of cookies, these always go first! This is a classic recipe with a lot of variations. But this is the way I make them.
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder I used Dutch processed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 6 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter or almond butter
- Combine sugar, cocoa, milk, butter and salt in large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and cover saucepan for 30 seconds to allow steam to wash sugar crystals down sides of pan. Meanwhile, line cookie sheets with wax paper.
- Stir mixture and bring to a boil that can't be stirred down for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until smooth.
- Add oats and stir to mix well.
- Drop by small cookie scoop onto wax paper. Refrigerate.
You can also pour this mixture into a 9" square pan that has been greased, let cool, then cut into squares.
Share this Recipe