This is just as easy as the traditional Rice Krispie treats, but uses caramel in place of marshmallows and tastes much richer!! You can buy the caramel in 5 lb. blocks. I get mine at a Mennonite store, but it is also sold on Amazon.
- 1 lb. Peter's Caramel (comes in a 5 lb. block)
- 4 T. butter
- 1/8 cup milk or half & half
- 8 oz. crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips Ghirardelli 60% (opt.)
- Cut caramel into slabs for easier melting and place into deep sided pan with butter and milk or half & half. Melt over medium low heat. Stir in cereal. Spread into greased 9" square pan and let cool.
- If you would like, you can melt the chocolate chips over low heat and drizzle over the top. Refrigerate to set.
Share this Recipe