- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 large carrots (opt.) sliced, about 1/4" thick
- 3 stalks celery sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups long grain brown rice
- 3 3/4 cups water
- 2 T. Better than Bouillon organic chicken base
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 T. cornstarch or potato starch combine with cream
- Place insert in Instant Pot and set to Saute. When it says "HOT", add the oil to the pot.
- Add onion, carrots, celery and garlic. Saute for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Press cancel.
- Add remaining ingredients. Close the lid and set valve to "Sealing" position.
- Cook at high pressure for 22 minutes.
- Let naturally release pressure for 10 minutes. Manually release any remaining pressure. Open lid and stir.
Share this Recipe