This was slightly adapted from the recipe by This Old Gal, Pressure Cooker Southern Cheesy Grits. My husband, who has never liked grits, loved these!!
- 2 T. bacon grease or other oil
- 1 cup stone ground grits (not instant)
- 3 cups fresh water
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 2-3 T. butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 4 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- Using saute or browning function, allow pot to heat and then add bacon grease or oil. Add grits and toast for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Turn off pressure cooker. Add the remaining ingredients, except the cheese.
- Cook at high pressure for 10 minutes. Allow a 15 minute natural release and then open pressure valve to manually release remaining pressure.
- Serve with cheddar cheese and additional butter, if desired.
Share this Recipe