These are super easy and garlicky!!! I make this in my 3 quart Mini. If garlic is not your thing, just leave it out!
- This recipe will work with any of the Instant Pots, even the 3 quart Mini. Press the saute button on your Instant Pot. Wait for it to heat up (it will say "hot"), then add the butter and garlic cloves. Lightly brown the garlic and the butter.
- While that is cooking, peel your potatoes (if desired). Cut your potatoes into halves or quarters lengthwise, depending on the size of the potato, and cut into rough 1/2" slices.
- Turn the Instant Pot off by hitting the cancel button. Add the half & half. Add the potato pieces and season generously with salt and pepper. Close the Instant Pot, make sure the release valve is set to "sealing", and press the "manual" or "pressure cook" button and set the time to 8 minutes, using the + and - buttons.
- Once the cooking time is up, turn the pot off and release the pressure manually. Open the pot. It won't be a pretty sight.
- Mash everything with a potato masher. Taste and season with more salt & pepper, if needed.
Share this Recipe